Hot 100.5's Summer Fiasco

Last summer I took my daughter, Marissa, and her cousin, Chloe, to their first concert! I have to admit - I kinda had an awesome time too!!



Before the concert, Marissa wanted pink hair, so I gave in and let her get pink extensions put in. My youngest daughter, Aleah, went with us and of course had to get one too!!



The show was at the nTelos Pavilion in Portsmouth (about three hours away from us). It's a beautiful venue and right on the water!



The girls were SO excited and had an awesome time!! The only two artists we really knew were Cher Lloyd (Want U Back) and Carly Rae Jepsen (Call Me Maybe). Icona Pop couldn't make it to the show, but we recognized Classified's song "Inner Ninja" from Sirius XM and we've now heard Nikki Williams' song "Glowing" on the radio a lot too!




I really wasn't a big fan of Carly Rae Jepsen or her style of pop music, but she actually put on a really great show - lots of energy and interaction with the crowd!

And Marissa, well, I definitely have a little live music lover on my hands - wonder where she gets that from!? ;) I'm hoping to find more local shows to take her to this summer!

1 comments:

What an awesome memory for the girls! When my boys were younger, I took them to the local festival, the Big Spring Jam, but it was just too much walking and too late for them. They do remember Alice Cooper, though! (Don't worry, I explained all about his stage show and the work that went into his "performance art," so the boys actually wanted to see it all come together.

Your girls are so beautiful, and looked like they were having a wonderful time :)

February 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM comment-delete

Post a Comment